Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

background image placement w/in a table cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereink

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
US
dear someone smarter than me,

for whatever reason, i can no longer place an background image inside of an individual table cell. the image shows as being set as a bg when i'm designing the page, but it disappears when i preview. any idea what i'm doing wrong?

thanks.

kevo

are you previewing on your computer or your server--is the file uploaded

also are you targeting the file as

/filename.jpg
or
filename.jpg

<signature>
sometime you just gotta say &quot;WHAT THE @#*% !!&quot;
</signature>

d,

i am previewing it on my computer, as i can't upload files to my server here at work. as for the targeting, the file is saved in a folder and is listed as images/bg_art.jpg.

i did create another page using the exact same method, and that image shows up when i preview in dreamweaver...

k

odd--assuming you are cross referencing the code for any small abnormalities i cannot fathom why it would work on one instance and not in another.

<signature>
sometime you just gotta say &quot;WHAT THE @#*% !!&quot;
</signature>

d,

i just now figured out my mistake. i was placing the bg image in the cell w/o selecting the whole thing first (centered cursor only - not ctrl + a). i'm looking good again...

thanks for the help & have a great day.

kevo

how do u get a image to be a background in the first place in a table cell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back