Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Background Color - Export to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkillilea

MIS
Dec 7, 2004
US
When I export to Excel 2008 from SSRS 2005 the background color LightSteelBlue is lost and shows up grey.

This is not the only color that does this. Many others show up grey as well.

I've even tried putting in #B0C4DE (LightSteelBlue) for the color.

The color always shows up correctly in SSRS or the web (Report Manager) but as soon as i export to Excel 2008 it's lost and greyed out.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Hi mugs132,

Do you mean Excel 2003 or Excel 2007? There isn't an Excel 2008 as far as I know.

Excel 2003 has a limited colour palette (56 colours I think) and so if your SRSS 2005 report uses a colour not in Excel's palette then when you export to Excel format your colour will not be displayed correctly. You need to use a colour supported by Excel in the report. SRSS 2005 unfortunately works the same way with Excel 2007, although Excel 2007 has a much bigger colour palette.

I have not tested it myself, but apparently SRSS 2008 does not have this limitation and is able to render colours correctly when exported to Excel 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back