Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backdoor subseven trojan and elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

yngwie

Technical User
Feb 7, 2003
DE
i opened by mistake an attached file that was the backdoor sub-seven trojan.
So i decided to use my virus-scan that di not detected anything.
I just put a firewall and i do have always alert messages with telling me that the backdoor subseven trojan is trying to connect to my computer.
I tried all the ways that i can find for that trojan, but can't do anything else for that.
Does anyone had the same problems with that and can help me?
I'll thanx everyone who can help me in any way posible.
Cheers vincent

There are some utilities intended for the cleanup of the Trojan programs. Although I have never used any of these. You can search the web for these. I had a similar experience with this last year and eventually rebuilt all machines suspected of the infection by the Trojan.

Trojans can be particularly difficult to get rid of since they can corrupt OS and other EXE files as well as exploit any Network shares, etc to replicate themselves. Not to mention that they often bring in other Trojans and undesireable programs.

The safest way and most secure way to recover from such an attack is typically to reformat and re-install from known clean media - not fun, but it is the safest and often the easiest method in the long run to eradicate the Trojans. Symantec website has lots of information on manual cleanup for some of the Trojans, but their official line is typically to reformat drive and reinstall from trusted media.

I would be interested in hearing how your cleanup efforts went and what you discovered in the process - to compare with my experiences.

Good luck.

Look in google for "The Cleaner" its free for 30 days. download and run that. You may not have a trojan. Does your firewall say if it is inbound or outbound connection? If it is inbound, it could be just someone trying to get in. If it is outbound, you probably have a trojan.

Go to this page and download trojan hunter it's free for 30 days also.

Then at least you will know it's not on your machine Please let me know if the advice we give is of some help.
Feedback will benefit all
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back