Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

back up problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nono10

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2002
FR
I got some problems to back up data with legato networker 6.1.1 on a mscs W2000 cluster server. The fulll backup works fine, bt after the incrementals back up don't recognize the full one and does a full back up again.

Does anyone have an idea ???

Try not to use the save set "All" in the client resource for your virtual node(s). If you do so, the files of the save sets of your virtual nodes seem to actually being written to the index of the physical cluster nodes instead of the index of the virtual nodes. When doing an incremental backup, networker checks the index of the virtual node, oops, it's empty, and does a full backup again, again writing the files to the wrong index.
I had this on a winnt-mscs-cluster with networker 6.6.1 on a solaris 8 machine; since the cluster is on Win2000, the problem doesn't occur anymore. I think the cluster configuration caused this, but I don't know what exactly it was.
Our workaround was to specify the save sets one by one instead of specifying "All".
For networker issues try the networker mailinglist:
HTH,
Ingo

are you having this problem with the physical nodes or the virtual nodes? We had an issue with the virtual node index info being written to the physical node index file. Legato had us put an empty file called "pathownerignore" into the nsr/bin directory on each one of our physical nodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back