Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

back up on s8500

Status
Not open for further replies.

slammer33

Vendor
Apr 20, 2009
US
iam using a compact flash to do my phone system back up, the card was formatted in linus mode( avaya system) when i try to save the file on a windows pc it give me a format error, is there is a way to go aournd this, i need to save the back up file on a windows server

you could just setup an FTP server on your Windows box, and have the daily backup go directly to this, via FTP. I doubt the windows system will be able to read the linux formated compact flash, without some utility program involved.

It's much simpler to just FTP the file directly from the S8500 when the backups are being done, to an FTP server on your LAN...

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

the only problem with this that the pbx is still not on the network yet

dial into the pbx over the inads line. Use a remote ppp login and use ftp or scp to get the backups onto the PC that you use to access the pbx with.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back