Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Back up exec reports fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhughesiii

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2004
US
I have an on going problem with backup exec.. I have run backups and find that at the very end when it reaches 100%, the backup job fails with no errors.. Everything is backed up, but backup exec reports a failure.. I have run backups only taking from the remote server which is about 9 GB and got 100%.. I am only trying to back up about 30,000,000,000 bytes on a 40/80 DLT tape... Can anyone suggest anything at all?? I am desparate

What is the final error - there has to be an error?

Do you have the job setup to eject the tape after ?
Have you checked the Alert Tab/history for any prompts or alerts?

No errors, no alerts.. The job log only shows that remote server was completed and that several files on the main server were skipped because they were in use or just open.... It gets to 99% and stops with a fail error and the job goes on hold for somereason.. Any other areas I should look at for clues?

Sound like you have the job setup to eject the media and it waiting for a response. Check the job setup. I find it hard to believe there is no alert. May want to check the application log

The Job is not setup to eject the media.... I double checked that this morning.. I will check the application logs sometime this morning, but haven't seen anything in the past.. If you want, I can post a job log after a backup that has these symptoms.. Maybe you can see something I am missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back