Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Back Up Exec Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedean47

Technical User
Sep 30, 2004
GB
Hello

I placed a scheduled back up on hold and now i can't get it off hold. No matter what i do, if i take it off hold it just goes straight back on.

It will go off hold and run for 2 seconds and then goes straight back onto Hold.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Does anyone have any helpful ideas?

Please help

Cheers

Are you getting any error messages, how about alerts. I have gotten this on a few setup due to alerts. There are registry tweaks from Veritas which will automatically respond to alerts, allowing the backup to proceed.
From a quick search at vertitas of automatic alert. Bit involved tweak but it is worth doing. The tweaks will cause an affirmative response to common, nonsense alerts which will stop or place a job on hold.

The only way I was ever able to correct this situation was to delete the entire job, then recreate a new one.

Iolair MacWalter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back