Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Back End Problems (if ya know what I mean!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndWy

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
GB
Calling all 'clever dicks' out there...

I have a front end which is linked to the back end via the path set in 'linked table manager'.

Anyone know of a procedure to allow the end user (who will be using an MDE version of the front end) change the path of the database as and when required??.

The problem I've got is that although I can allow users to choose any path in the installation program, the installation cannot communicate with Access so the path set up in the front end before it is packaged up will always remain the same and the front end will not find the back end.

Yes, but its quite a bit of code to include in this forum. Is it that you want code snippet examples, strategy tips, or coding advice?

Gary
gwinn7

Cheers for responding Gary, if you have the code it would be great if you could e-mail a copy to me (awykes@ntlworld.com) otherwise any help you can give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back