Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Back Color cannot be changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrekBiker

Technical User
Nov 26, 2010
GB
In a form designed elsewhere I cannot change the Back Color of the Details section.

The field labels also have a strange behaviour. They use a very strange font called Haettenschweiler and clicking in the label in design views makes the background colour change to a deep purple, so very hard to see changes being made to the text. This on-click colour change doesn't happen in the data fields.

If I recreate the form it's all okay.

Any ideas?

Are you suggesting when you are design view, you can't select the detail section and then change various format properties? Can't you simply change the font of the labels to something else? Their background may be set to transparent so you don't see the background color when not selected.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Duane, sorry for delay.

The label Properties include

Back Style : Transparent
Back Color : No Colour
Font Name : I've now changed to Verdana
Fore Color : #000080

If I change Back Style to Normal, the Fore Color changes to #993300, which is the colour it changes to on clicking. So you're right there.

But where does #993300 come from? If I select Label in Controls, it says to hit Alter+Enter in Property Sheet to see settings, but this does nothing.

You can select a control in the tool box and the set properties but this is only for new controls.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back