Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BAB v9.01 licensing on Windows 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcdal

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
GB
I have installed BAB v9.01 on Windows Server 2003 and cannot enter any licensing information.

In the Manager GUI, I select Help and then about, however both Licence and Register buttons are greyed out.

I have tried installing Licensing explicitly from CD but the install fails saying that it was interrupted.

Any ideas as to how I can get licensing to work.

Hi- I had this same exact problem- but with windows NT 4.0.

After spending an entire day on the phone with CA I finally received a fix that worked. CA support sent me a zip file named licfixnt.zip and some instructions on what to do. They also have a fix for win2k- they sent that to me also. That one was licfix2k1.zip. I would call them and see if they have one for win 2003.

They had me reboot the server, uninstall BABv9.01 and reinstall, and a handful of other stuff. None of this was necessary. All I had to do was run what was in the .zip file and the issue was resolved.

Hope this saves you some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back