Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BAB 9.0 Authentication failure EC=-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalabathi

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
US
After complete installation of BAB 9.0 i open the arcserve manager and i am unable to go into any menu. It says
Unable to authenticate user caroot ec=-1
Any help?????

BAB 9.0 has new command line utilities;

From the ARCserve home directory run:-

CA_auth for changing CAroot Password
CA_conf to recycle caroot domain services.

enjoy!

The ca_auth helps me to change the password. But still does not allow me to get in.
If i run ca_auth -user getall i do not get any user information. I beleive i should get caroot as the output.
Not sure what it is looking for.
Also caauthd process is running. Went through the faq site of CA and still same status.
any help... thanks

Having same issue, currently working with CA support to reslove, but so far no luck. This happens every time I reboot the server and attempt to open Arc-Serve. The work around I found is to restart the "Brightstore AB Service controller" service which will also restart the "Brightstore AB Domain Server" service. Then open the Arc-Serve home page and select "click here to change default server" then uncheck the box remember security information and select OK. Let me know if this works?

well I dag deeper and I found a utility call BSconfig.exe this one resets all the caroot passwords for you through the pop up.

Hi,

Just run cstop.bat and cstart.bet from the installation folder...

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

speshalyst, that worked for my problem...but why? Do I have to run this everytime I reboot the server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back