Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B6 API error 1060018 (Illegal Default Alias Name when creating an attr

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgramma

MIS
Nov 13, 2005
GR
Can somebody help me ?

What I have is a cube being reconstructed and reloaded (no data incremental updates) each night. There is a base dimension called 'Products' and an unknown number of boolean attribute dimensions associated with it say 'T1', 'T2'... 'Tn' defined in a file being also updated every night. I also have another file with the member associations.
The requirement is that all those attribute dimensions should be build dynamically each night. I start with a VB application deleting all the previous (last night's) attributes dimensions during the cube construction and rebuild them from scratch.
I would have accomplish it through the VB API if I didnot have that ESB_ERROR_ILLEGALDEFALIAS error which I cannot overcome. I get this error when trying to verify the outline.
Any suggestions, comments, tips or tricks are welcome.. not to mention a solution !
:)

This is a part of the code:

With MbrInfo
.usConsolidation = ESB_UCALC_NOOP 'ESB_UCALC_MULT
.fTwoPass = ESB_FALSE
.fExpense = ESB_FALSE
.usConversion = ESB_CONV_NONE
.usTimeBalance = ESB_TIMEBAL_NONE
.usSkip = ESB_SKIP_NONE
.usShare = ESB_SHARE_DYNCALCNOSTORE
.usStorage = ESB_DIMTYPE_SPARSE
.usCategory = ESB_CAT_ATTRIBUTE
.usStorageCategory = ESB_STORECAT_ATTRIBUTE
.Attribute = ESB_ATTRMBRDT_BOOL
.szMember = DimName
End With
sts = EsbOtlAddDimension(hOutline, MbrInfo, lastDim, ESB_NULL, hNewDim)

If sts = 0 Then
frmAppDb.lstMessages.AddItem ("Dimension " & DimName & " successfully added")
Else
frmAppDb.lstMessages.AddItem ("Failed to add Dimension " & DimName & " Reason: " & checkForError(sts))
End If
If sts <> 0 Then Exit Sub

If ESB_OtlVerify Then saveOutline 'saveOutline=EsbOtlWriteOutline and EsbOtlRestructure
Esb_CloseOutline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back