Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B5800 shows 24 channels for UK / a-law

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkellow

Technical User
Oct 4, 2010
GB
Under Lines, Line 5 shows "PRI 24 UNIVERSAL", despite line sub- type ETSI, clock quality network, signalling CPE.

The maximum number of channels that can be selected is 23 ---<not 30 as expected>

Originally the B5800 shipped with a North American profile, with U-Law.

B5800 version is 6.1.22system->Telephony->Telephony has been changed to A-Law for switch and line.

system->system->locale has been changed to UK English (intended for Sweden, however UK for initial testing only).Configuration saved.I expect to see the LINE as a PRI 30 UNIVERSAL, however I only ever see it as a PRI 23 UNIVERSAL. I've tried deleting the line, removing the module (the PRI-S daughter card is sitting on a phone2 module) with the unit powered off, restarting, and readding the module (power off) however it never recognises the card with 30 channels.I also tried a simulator and layer 1 does not come up.

Any ideas?

PS at this stage we are running a 30 day grace period as no licenses loaded yet

Thanks in anticipation

regards
paul

you may need to log into the gateway itself, and set the line mode to E1 instead of T1.

With an IP Office, there are two versions of system SD card, mu-law and a-law. Assuming the B5800 is the same, it sounds like you have a mu-law SD card, so you need to change this for an a-law one.

The SDs cards part number is 700501066.

Looking at the price list this is the one and only choice for a B5800.

Looks like I will sort this on Monday, according to page 172 of the Manager guide:
"The IP500 PRI-U card can be configured to support either E1, T1 or E1-R2 PRI line types. To select the line type required,
right-click on the line in the group or navigation pane and select Change Universal PRI Card Line Type."

It works off-line anyway.

regards
paul

Easy when you know. Thanks guys.

regards
paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back