Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B189 phone and the 46xxsettings file

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell9

Technical User
Aug 18, 2005
US
So I got a couple B189 H.323 conference/speakerphones, alias’d as 9620’s, and they work and sound great. My question is this: although they are registering to my utility server and call server via DHCP, I can’t see that they are grabbing the 46xxsettings file. They do their B189Hupgrade.txt, but that’s it. I know they’re not getting 46xxsettings (at least I think I know) because they still have the default PROCPSWD, not my enterprise’s custom one that is in the 46xxsettings.txt file.

There’s also a bunch of other features the B189 documentation suggests I ought to have (Redial, Call Log History) that I’m just not seeing on the device, that I suspect I can configure in 46xxsettings.

Anyone with expertise on the B189 that can offer some guidance on this product? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back