Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B179 disconnects after answering call

Status
Not open for further replies.

fondog2

Systems Engineer
Jan 19, 2006
US
Hello to all,
We have configured one of these for our remote office. We are on SMGR 8.1, SM 7.1.3 , CM 7.1.3 and SBC 6.3. In the process of upgrading the rest. Anyway calls from the B179 to internal/external work fine but any call to it get disconnected and the caller hears a busy signal. Traces show 481 call leg/transaction does not exist. I researched this and it all points to hair pinning on the signaling group but we have that set to no. verified the codecs and set to G.711A and G.711MU. We have hundreds of SIP remote worker phones working with no issues just this one conference phone. I have heard they are a POS. But if anyone knows something to try please let me know.

Thank you,

Look at the SIP trace. There must be something wrong with it's 200OK to SM or that it doesn't like about the ACK back from CM/SM that's causing the drop.

Kyle555,
Thank you for responding. I looked through all the traces. SBC, CM and SM and from the SM side we see the station that is calling the B179 initiating the bye but that truly isn't happening. Once the B179 answers it sends a busy signal to the caller. The caller lets the busy signal go for 10 seconds but the bye is immediate. I have heard these branded Avaya but not true Avaya devices and to be honest not much out there for documentation. I believe the last doc was dated 2012.

Thank you,

You must not be looking in the right place for docs. They've gotten better. Anything not 46xx, 96xx, J1xx is always a bit weird.

Post a pcap of a SIP trace?

Kyle555 is right. Indeed share a pcap or SM trace. I think the issue happens before the 481.

Freelance Certified Avaya Aura Engineer

PCAP wont show you much as this is all TLS. Crazy thing is that if I log a normal J179 or 9611 phone in with this extension it works fine.

save a traceSM as a pcap. It'll be in the clear

Update:
We resolved the issue. After running several traces I finally got around to doing an MST and found the issue there. We found that if you default these phones or purchase a new one then by default the SRTCP setting is turned to Encrypted. If all your codec sets are not set to match or you don't turn this off in the B179 it causes this issue.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back