Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B169 Conference Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmnstr

Programmer
Feb 18, 2009
US
Has anyone experienced an issue with the B169 conference phone when it is powered up the screen appears pixelated? However, when you remove the battery and have the phone on the base without the battery it works fine. If so, any solutions? I just upgraded the firmware to the latest release. The IP Office is 11.1.2.3 if that is of any interest.

I've only ever seen that on a B169 that had been unused for a long time. It was pixelated when first reconnected but that corrected itself after a few hours of charging. Give it a chance to charge overnight, if it doesn't correct then I would suspect the battery has died.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks for the feedback. Here is an update. After letting the battery charge over the weekend we still had the same issue. We have since replaced the unit with 3 other B169's from 2 different distributors and have the same issue. This is a long shot but just wanted to throw out the question of the possibility of a software issue with the IP Office? The system is 11.1.2.3 but the phone 2 card was added after the system was upgraded, so the phone 2 card is at a different release. I know it is a longshot since the phone works when plugged into electricity but only has a problem with battery, but I don't know what else to consider at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back