Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B1 DN's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighMeridian

Technical User
Oct 20, 2003
CA
Hello,

8X24 with DR2. When I'm browsing sets in **CONFIG, I see listed under each set an option for 'B1' and it turns 221 into 341 and so on. I cannot reach these 3XX series DN's because they are not in service. What purpose do they serve?

The Norstar telephones use a signaling string from the ICS to the telephone that is VERY VERY similar to ISDN. there is a B1 and a B2 channel for the most part you will see that like V2d stated the voicemail and RAD use them there are also other pieces of equipment that also use the secondary channel. among them is the CTA's and the SMDR devices. the secondary channel is used like this to free up ports on the main system while data is passed for other purposes. I installed a device called the DWInt for one customer that used the b2 channel as an analog port for an analog phone. I remember one reference that the confrence feature used the secondary port also but I cannot find a written reference to support this.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back