Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]SONY FX805 DVD/CD-RW PROBLEM- HELP!!!![/b] 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRESIDENT01

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2006
KE
[shadessad]
My sony laptop DVD/CD-RW does not seem to read my data cd's - I've been using the same backup CD-R disks for a few years now . But all of a sudden it cannot read any of them. It plays DVD's and reads other data CD's ok, but for some reason it will not pickup my old data CD-R disks. I've cleaned the cd's several times- All the system does is show a blank CD with no information on them. its a SONY VAIO FX805 MATSHITA UJDA730 DVD/CD-RW.

If you write to a new CD, can this be read OK. I suspect that the CD's have come to the end of thier useful life. Although manufacturers originally classed CD's as good for many years, they seem to be changing thier minds on this one.
If the disc's are cheap, they will probably only last three or four years. It seems that the burn process degrades the disc's write surface. The faster the write speed, the more damage is caused.
I could be wrong about this, but I was talking to a friend about this issue last night & he said he had found this out from a manufacturer. I have no reason to question this, as I have had similar problems with some CD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back