Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]Sending a password to excel from Access[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

trystanhuwwilliams1

Programmer
Jan 7, 2003
GB
Hello,

Is it possible to send a password from Access to Excel? I have a log-on form in access which opens individual Excel FlexiTime workbooks when the user logs on with their password. All the workbooks are further protected by a system password to prevent backdoor access.

My current log-on form is an excel spreadsheet which allows me to supply the password through VB:-

Code:
mypath=[path of workbook]
ChDir ("O:\")
Workbooks.Open mypath, , , , "Password"
ActiveWorkbook.RunAutoMacros xlAutoOpen

I now want this log-on form to be in Access, but I can't seem to get around the problem of the system password.

I'd appreciate any suggestions,

Thank you

If you add the Excel library as a reference and type in the immediate window Excel.Workbook.Open > F1, Access Help will give you the syntax help for the following command:

Excel.Workbook.Open(FileName, UpdateLinks, ReadOnly, Format, Password, WriteResPassword, IgnoreReadOnlyRecommended, Origin, Delimiter, Editable, Notify, Converter, AddToMru, Local, CorruptLoad, OpenConflictDocument)

If you need further help with it after you check that, let me know!

Sincerely,
[upsidedown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back