Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]Restore new database from an existing database[\b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnamm

Programmer
Jul 16, 2003
US
Hi,

We are using SQL Server 2000 as our DBMS and EZCAP as our front end. I restored a new database named db2 from an existing database named db1.
The reason I restored from an exising db1 instead of from a blank database is becuase I have added all the users access to EZCAP into db1. By doing this way, I won't have to add all the users in again. I also changed the company_id and company_desc of the old one with new names from EZCAP company config. But, the problem is that all the company_id fields in the tables/view of the new database have the db1 name. There is not a lot of data from db1. Does anyone know if I drop all the data from all tables/view then add in new data, will it reflect the new db2 company_id and company_desc?

Thank you!

dnamm

take a backup of your new database and find out. if anything bad happens just restore and try something else. for better or worse, trial and error is how most things are discovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back