Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]Gradient changes color and fade as a PDF[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamJamin

Technical User
Feb 16, 2005
US
I created a flyer in InDesign with 3 gradient boxes. The “walk in quick print” shop I have to use, wants the file as a PDF rather than InDesign. Everything looks fine on the computer screen and when it’s printed through an inkjet printer. However when it goes through their printer, the gradient fades from a sea blue, to a light purple then just cuts off rather than fades away. I used File>PDF Export Presets> Print to create the PDF. Should I have used something else? Any suggestions welcome!!!

First, most commercial printing is in cmyk, not rgb so check that you used rgb - if the quick print place can take it so ask them. Make sure the gradients are made from teh cmyk colors if teh printer uses cmyk.

Use Press as the pdf export. When you get the pdf export window go to the Advanced section and make sure that the color mode matches your doc. Also, make sure that Transparency flattener is set to High.

Again, it's very important to keep all your colors consistent. CMYK or RGB. CMYK is the norm so I suggest that unless this quick print place tells you otherwise.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

The file was saved as a CMYK and I had the transparency flattener set to high. Maybe exporting to 'press' will make the difference. Thanks for your reply and help jmgalvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back