Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]DISCOVERER WORKBOOK TITLE PROBLEM[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNRUDGE

Programmer
Feb 10, 2004
GB
I am new to Discoverer and am using 9i. I have created a workbook and now need to change its title.

Is there somewhere else that Discoverer holds the title other than that accessed via
Tools - Options - show title - default title or
Edit sheet - Options
because, when I change the title via this route, Discoverer does not recognise my changes and still brings up the incorrect title.

When I use Format - Sheet - Title it does accept the changes (but applies them to the incorrect title).

I think the problem arose because I originally tried to create the workbook by copying an existing one (hence the incorrect title). I have tried deleting everything and recreating the workbook in the correct way but it still hung onto the old title. Unfortunately I cannot change the name of the workbook. If I dont 'show' the title it still displays it when there is no data selected so that's not an option.
Any ideas?

Just open the workbook and double-click on the title (when you select to show title) to edit the contents.

Anand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back