Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]BFS key not Showing busy/idle status of boss's phone[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiscuitJack

Programmer
Mar 13, 2009
US
We have CS1000E 4.5 and two phones are programmed one as the Boss's phone and the other as the Secretary's phone. We are using MCR keys on both sets. The secretary's phone has a BFS key with the Boss's Tn. The BFS key is not indicating the idle/busy status of the boss's phone like the "Boss secretary Enhancement" feature describes. phones are using CJ6 firmware... Is there a patch that addresses this issue?

I would be suspect that the BFS key is referencing the right TN. In other words, are there two TNs when you expected only one. Like an old TN that was never outed, and a new one recently put in service for the bosses new phone.

Easy test is to REQ PRT TYPE DNB.

If it isn't that, then I'd out both his and the Secy's phone and start from scratch - might be a little TN corruption.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

I checked the DNB and it is clean...I haven't started over with new TN's yet because I wanted to experiment with it a little more. Here is what I found:

If I make CLS BFED on one set but the other set is CLS BFEA then the busy/idle status works and it doesn't matter which phone has BFEA and BFED. But the filtering cannot be activated.

If I make both sets CLS BFEA then filtering works but busy/idle doesn't work.

I need both to work at the same time.

Further Clarification on Config:

The BFS key on the Boss's phone points to the TN of the Secretary's phone.

The BFS key on the Secretary's phone points to the TN of the Boss's phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back