Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ax100 cx300 replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

rleestma

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
US
anyone have any suggestions on how to setup replication between a cx300 and an ax100? This will be for disaster recovery purposes, but ideally, some type of vmware capability at the DRP site would be quite excellent...

Thanks,

rml

VMWare DRP? no problem, just replicate all virtual disks from one array to the another one (cx300->ax100 and viceversa).

replication between CX300 and AX100.. hmmm.. directly (with mirrorview) is not posible, but you could do it asynchronicaly using EMC SANCopy.

Cheers.

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

Could you elaborate on this replication? I was under the impression that you could not use SANCOPY between a CX300 to an AX100...

The goal is to replicate ALL of the data on the CX to the AX and have a big quad processor box with virtual servers all running in case of a dire emergency...

If ANYONE has conclusive knowledge or experience on how to do this, please let me know! I was hoping that the new SANCOPY/E product would allow for CX->AX replication, but apparently it's engineered to replication only to bigger sans? (CX300 -> CX500?)

Thoughts?

Ryan

Yes, I figured that out... What's the best way to replicate between a cx and an ax?

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back