Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AWSI on IPX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovp

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
RU
Hello all.
Can anybody answer - is it possible run AWSI (ZFD3.2) on ipx? Or how I can use ZFD 3.2 if I have only ipx (netware 5.1)? Help please.

I don't think you will be able to, you may want to downgrade to a ZEN version that didn't use AWSI.

The AWSI has the ZENWSIMPORT host name embeded into the software, you can't change it. Thats why you need to have a DNS server with that entry, or hosts files with that entry. The AWSI agent on the server is also IP only from what I have worked with, plus it's a Java app.

Any reason why you want to stay on IPX? The rest of the world is going IP. Most of the new stuff Novell is putting out also only works on IP. You may want to think about an IP implementation on your network. Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer
provogeek@hotmail.com
East Bay, California; USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back