Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

awh55 wireless headset with 2410 phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellives1

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2006
US
I'm trying to use a new AWH55 Avaya wireless headset with my 2410 phones. Unfortunately the configuration instructions refer to usine a EU24 port on the 2410 to connect to the headset base which doesn't exist. I'm not sure what this connection does as the other connection between the two devices handles the on/off hook function without a lifter. (The connection goes to the headset port next to the handset port.)

The only real issue I've seen so far is when the phone rings I don't get any indication on the headset of the ring so won't answer the call of course. It works fine when initiating a call or answering when you're next enough to the phone to hear the ringer.

Can anybody shed some light on this? I'm going to do a separate search on EU24 ports to understand what they are. I believe it's to support some kind of expansion unit which would explain why the 2410 doesn't have one and the 2420 does but it's not clear how the headset would use this port.

I have 2420 handsets and they have four ports under the front of the unit. Incoming from the PBX, EU24 expansion connector, headset connector and handset connector. On the earlier 6400 series they had an XM24 connector which was used for adding expansion modules with extra buttons. On the 2400 series it looks like they changed the name from XM (expansion module) to EU (I think it stands for Expansion Unit but I am probably wrong). So the port you are looking for should be the 6 wire connector next to the line in connector. It has the same physical connector as RJ12 by the look of it. Don't know whether the 2410 supports the EU expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back