Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

awgina.dll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditrusj

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2001
US
I recently added another hard drive as the slave in a w2k box just to get the information from the second HD. after getting the info from the second HD, I removed the second HD, rebooted the w2k box with one HD only and for some reason i get the error message, "can not load awgina.dll, replace or repair the original file" and the only option is to restart the box. the file sits in the system32 folder and i have tried overwriting it with another file from another w2k box, but still the same problem. i checked MS's site and i can't find any info re this. any help would be greatly appreciated....

pcAnywhere installs its own custom GINA DLL (called AWGINA.DLL), through which it can intercept and/or emit the C-A-D sequence without any problems. It's also a so-called "trusted logon process", as can be seen in the system event log when the pcA host starts.

Enter in Safe mode and change to pcAnywhere host -> to manual in Services. -md

Does anyone know if this worked? I have exactly the same problem- and it sounds a plausible explanation- unfortunately I'm waiting for my helpdesk to get back to me with a local administrator's password- to be able to boot in safe mode

Good luck Pantman,

I'm interested a bit myself. Please post if this was helpful.

Best Regards, -md

The fix is right enough for the PCAnywhere problem but in this scenario (I don't know if aditrusj will back me up here) the problems were much more serious- After booting in to Safe Mode (and Logging in) there was a Paging File error which is a more obvious result of the extra drive problem- there is a MS KnowledgeBase article on this Q249321- I never got a chance to go through the troubleshooting though it all seemed pretty plausible- Restored a Win2k image to my PC- I know it was lazy but it was quick

Thanks md

I encountered the same problem as pantman. I was able to go in through the recovery console and disabled any symnantec service listed (belt and suspenders approach), but still received the error!!! B-( AARRRRRRGGGGGGG!!

Folks, I ended up reimaging the whole box with W2k. Just didn't have time to troubleshoot the darn thing. Thanks for all the info you have entered here.

I had loaded pcanywhere in to my 2000 pro operating system and the whole machine took a dump. I had to go in to safe mode to the uninstall file to remove it the version I had installed was PC-anywhere 9.0. is there any fixes i can use to correct this problem. Thanks,digitman.

digitman,

Did you update or load any graphics drivers after you installed pca? Doesn't matter what version, symantec has this posted as a known error.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.