Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AWGINA.DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VCat88

Programmer
Oct 11, 2002
MY
I had problem in AWGINA.DLL. The logon user interface DLL c:\windows\system32\awgina.dll failed to load.

I had try log in using safe mode.. But after login, it auto log off again.. So my safe mode cannot enter.

I m looking 4 a way to rename / delete the registry from DOS mode. So, I search and get information about REGEDIT4. But I didn't have that file also. Any way that I can deleted it from DOS? Any ideas how to deleted the registry using DOS command. REGEDIT cannot work on DOS base.

If safe mode that able enter, may be i can proceed the following step.. Unlucky, I cannot do that since safe mode also cannot login.

a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
c. Locate, and then click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon
d. In the right pane, right-click GinaDLL, and then click Delete.
e. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
f. On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.

3. Restart the computer.

Anybody , Please advice..

I had another idea in order to change for the windows register. How about plug in the harddisk as secondary harddisk and change the register from the primary harddisk windows XP?

Any Idea where the registry files keep in?
And how to amend the registry files before unplug back as primary harddisk to run the windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.