Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avi player

Status
Not open for further replies.

green250

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2003
CA
I have several avi files that wont play under win xp media player, does anyone know why or can you suggest a good avi player.

Realone player is good although media player should play avi's also, what version are you using?

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

Maybe 8 doesnt play avi, i use 9.

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

You should ger Div-X. It has a free Div-X player that plays all AVI files.

Roy

Div-X files are avi files but require a Div-X plugin that does not come with WMP. You would need to find a 3rd party pluggin. I got mine from divx.ctw.cc but this site no longer exist.

Once you have the plugin installed, then it should work fine, otherwise it is not a divx file.

There are a few other encodings of avi that use proprietary plugins (used for copy protection) that you must get from the company that created the avi file.

i downloaded the codec and the video works fine but now i cant get any audio, when the video was not working i could get sound, any ideas.

i can get a little audio if i crank the speakers but the quality sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back