Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avg time to get MCPs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConorNI

MIS
Jan 5, 2005
CA
How much time should I set aside to get my 290.

I work full time but keeping it up from doing my 70-210 i can do abotu 2 hrs each evening and 5+ each weekend day.

Eager to pregress through these as fast as possible as i get the naggign feelign thatmy current job role will evaporate soon....

How much experience with Windows 2003 server?

How much of that is hands on and how much is book?

If you have a couple of months of experience then you probably only need about three or four weeks of studying for the exam to be able to pass the test, but your goal should be not to pass the test but to learn the materials and develop your skills (although with a pending "job evaporation" I can understand your urgency).

CJ

Don't drink and post, save that for driving home!

I have experience of NT and occasional 2000 server every day in my job. I have set up a 2003 server and have one client networked to it at my desk (i can just about borrow 2 machiens without raising eyebrows..)

Doing a bit of both hands on and book. My aim is to get the skills to potentially move to a datacentre support team and away from what I am doing now. I work in a large enough enterprise but alas dont have access to the 2003 servers in work. My mini lan should suffice though.

I am aiming for a few hours each night and i do hands on stuff in work when i get a chance (and at weekends when no one is in)

Once you understand DNS and RRAS you'd probably pass given you already have a basic knowledge of other topics. You really need to try some Transcenders or Self-Test exams to gauge your knowledge and what's required in the exams, it's suprising (or at least it was to me) how limited an area of knowledge most exams cover.

nickferrar...
totally.

mock tests really help you measure what you need to work on, how close you are....

Aftertaf (david)
MCSA 2003

Mostly transcender... and for 710-715 i had communautech tests (very good!!)

the 2000 track was after classes, the 2003 track is with MS Training books...

Aftertaf (david)
MCSA 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back