Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVG nor Malwarebytes open

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekSolutions

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2011
I am running AVG business edition, with remote administration and Malwarebytes Corporate edition on a Windows XP Pro SP3 desktop. Neither one will open. Neither one will open. When I try to open either one I get the error in the the picture provide in the links provided below. The message in the the event viewer is also provided in the links

I have run CCleaner, Spybot, Combo Fix, ran created and analyzed a hijack this log, done the steps in this thread ( most of the steps in this thread (
I am currently running Microsoft Malicious Software Removal tool (about 75% complete) but no threats have been found yet. When it completes I will try safe mode.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated?

Other threads I have posted on this issue:

I was able to find the solution. I searched for the long hexadecimal number listed in the event viewer in the registry and deleted the key. There was a separate one for AVG and Malwarebytes, I deleted them both and rebooted the computer. Now AVG and Malwarebytes both work as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back