Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 False Positive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stduc

Programmer
Nov 26, 2002
GB
I am running the paid up version! This morning it detected "worm.lover.a" in iexplore.exe and attempted to clean iexplore.exe. It failed to clean iexplre.exe and quarantined it! So no intenet explorer! (V7 BTW).

I had to restore iexplore from quarantine and add iexplore.exe to its list of exceptions which means it won't check that program again!!!

I am 99.9 % certain it was a false positive because I scanned another copy of iexplore on another machine with AVG Free v 8 and the 'infected' copy with Avast. These scans came up clean.

AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 just auto updated - so I re-scanned iexplore.exe - nothing found! So I deleted the rule about ignoring iexplore.exe and restarted internet explorer. No problem! So they have fixed whatever it was in the earlier update today that caused the issue.
1/2 hour wasted - grrrrrrrrrrrr - LOL - such is computing!

[navy]When I married "Miss Right" I didn't realise her first name was 'always'. LOL[/navy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back