Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Averages in Bar Charts instead of totals for Crystal 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftwiudan

Programmer
Jan 20, 2012
US
I am trying to change a bar chart to reflect averages instead of totals.

What the report is doing is calculating totals for each hour of the day in a page header section. The report is grouped by department.

The detail section is surpressed.

The "Group Footer 1a" has lines for the total and averages for each hour of the day.

Also, the report prints out either a line or bar chart according to the parameter being used.

The "Group Footer 1b" has lines for the total for each hour of the day in a line chart.

The "Group Footer 1c" has lines for the total for each hour of the day in a bar chart.

When I right-click on the chart in design and then clicked the data tab, I could not find the average formula's.

How would I include the averages on the bar chart??

After adding a summary field, the chart will default to sum, but if you select the summary, it will activate the "set summary feature". If you select that, you have the option of changing the summary to an average.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back