Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Average TAT with Dates from Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

amillia

Programmer
Nov 14, 2001
US
I have one heck of a query that I have tried several different approaches to get it to work and I am just about over it. So I come for help. I have to find the turn around time between several dates in my tables. Then I have to find the average TAT for a specific group of aircraft. Depending on what the user chooses. To make this even more fun I am working with Oracle tables and a coldfusion pages which don't like to play well together when it comes to dates. One thing I have tried is this

SELECT Part_number.MFG_PART_NUMBER
, PART_NUMBER.AC_TYPE
, DOC_NUMBER.FLD_DOC_NUMBER
, DOC_NUMBER.PART_NUMBER
, DOC_NUMBER.RETURNED_DATE
, DOC_NUMBER.BLUEPRINT_DATE
, DOC_NUMBER.WO_REL_DTE
, DOC_NUMBER.CSI_SUBMITTED
, DOC_NUMBER.PLANNING_UPDATE
, DOC_NUMBER.COMPLETION_DATE
, DOC_NUMBER.REQUEST_DATE
, SEC_TO_TIME(SUM(TIME_TO_SEC(TIMEDIFF(DOC_NUMBER.COMPLETION_DATE, DOC_NUMBER.REQUEST_DATE)))) AS COMPTAT
, SEC_TO_TIME(SUM(TIME_TO_SEC(TIMEDIFF(DOC_NUMBER.RETURNED_DATE, DOC_NUMBER.CSI_SUBMITTED)))) AS CSITAT
, SEC_TO_TIME(SUM(TIME_TO_SEC(TIMEDIFF(DOC_NUMBER.BLUEPRINT_DATE, DOC_NUMBER.REQUEST_DATE)))) AS INCBPTAT
, SEC_TO_TIME(SUM(TIME_TO_SEC(TIMEDIFF(DOC_NUMBER.BLUEPRINT_DATE, DOC_NUMBER.RETURNED_DATE)))) AS CSIBPTAT
, SEC_TO_TIME(SUM(TIME_TO_SEC(TIMEDIFF(DOC_NUMBER.WO_REL_DTE, DOC_NUMBER.PLANNING_UPDATE)))) AS PLANTAT
FROM DOC_NUMBER RIGHT JOIN PART_NUMBER ON DOC_NUMBER.PART_NUMBER=PART_NUMBER.MFG_PART_NUMBER
WHERE (DOC_NUMBER.COMPLETION_DATE >= TO_DATE('#dateformat(FORM.start, "MMDDYYYY")#','MMDDYYYY')) and (DOC_NUMBER.COMPLETION_DATE <= TO_DATE('#dateformat(FORM.end, "MMDDYYYY")#','MMDDYYYY'))
GROUP BY PART_NUMBER.AC_TYPE
, Part_number.MFG_PART_NUMBER
, DOC_NUMBER.FLD_DOC_NUMBER
, DOC_NUMBER.PART_NUMBER
, DOC_NUMBER.RETURNED_DATE
, DOC_NUMBER.BLUEPRINT_DATE
, DOC_NUMBER.WO_REL_DTE
, DOC_NUMBER.CSI_SUBMITTED
, DOC_NUMBER.PLANNING_UPDATE
, DOC_NUMBER.COMPLETION_DATE
, DOC_NUMBER.REQUEST_DATE

but it doesn't like the SEC_to_time thing it says it is not a valid IDENTIFIER.

Okay so I tried query of query

<cfquery name="cplt_tat" datasource="xxxx">
SELECT Part_number.MFG_PART_NUMBER, PART_NUMBER.AC_TYPE, DOC_NUMBER.CSI_SUBMITTED, DOC_NUMBER.FLD_DOC_NUMBER, DOC_NUMBER.PART_NUMBER, DOC_NUMBER.RETURNED_DATE, DOC_NUMBER.BLUEPRINT_DATE, DOC_NUMBER.WO_REL_DTE, DOC_NUMBER.PLANNING_UPDATE, DOC_NUMBER.COMPLETION_DATE, DOC_NUMBER.REQUEST_DATE
FROM DOC_NUMBER RIGHT JOIN PART_NUMBER ON DOC_NUMBER.PART_NUMBER=PART_NUMBER.MFG_PART_NUMBER
WHERE (DOC_NUMBER.COMPLETION_DATE >= TO_DATE('#dateformat(FORM.start, "MMDDYYYY")#','MMDDYYYY')) and (DOC_NUMBER.COMPLETION_DATE <= TO_DATE('#dateformat(FORM.end, "MMDDYYYY")#','MMDDYYYY'))
</cfquery>
<cfquery dbtype="query" name="cplt2_tat">
SELECT AVG(cplt_tat.COMPLETION_DATE-cplt_tat.REQUEST_DATE) AS COMPTAT,
AVG(cplt_tat.RETURNED_DATE-cplt_tat.CSI_SUBMITTED) AS CSITAT, AVG(cplt_tat.BLUEPRINT_DATE-cplt_tat.REQUEST_DATE) AS INCBPTAT, AVG(cplt_tat.BLUEPRINT_DATE-cplt_tat.RETURNED_DATE) AS CSIBPTAT, avg(cplt_tat.WO_REL_DTE-cplt_tat.PLANNING_UPDATE) AS PLANTAT,
cplt_tat.AC_type
from cplt_tat
GROUP BY cplt_tat.AC_TYPE
</cfquery>

This errors with
The aggregate function [SUM(expression)] cannot operate on an operand of type TIMESTAMP].

I have also tried variations of each but I can’t get it. Can anyone help. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back