Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

average cost of Category 6 cable per drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesfeld

MIS
Jun 23, 2013
CA
Hi,
I see this was answered in another thread a long time ago but was wondering what the current rate is for installation of data lines.
existing building, steel stud. between 20 - 30 drops? Yes it would need to be plenum . The prices I have heard seem way off base at times as I have heard anywhere from $125 - $200.

Anyone have an idea of the going rate in BC?

Thanks and sorry if this is already addressed somewhere else

A lot depends on the cable brand and type (6, 6e, 6E), going to assume it's plenum. Jacks and faceplates are generally close in price.

I've seen what I'll call "no-name" 6E cable selling for the same price as "name brand" 6.

Name brand to name brand, I'd say $125 for 6 and $175-ish for 6E sounds right here in Texas, not sure where BC (British Columbia?) is.

Go name brand or you run the risk of getting the copper coated aluminum conductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back