Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Workplace for 3.24 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus2

Programmer
Sep 18, 2010
CH
Release 3.24
In addition to bug fixes, the following new features are provided with the 3.24 release:
• Policy to reset application on user sign-out.
• Microphone Energy Meter.
• Disable conference chat when it is disabled on server.
Support of 46xxspecials file for Workplace Client

1. Star for an excellent spot and sharing.

2. Long overdue bug fix enhancement. It should have been supported from the first day they decided that the client would use the 46xxsettings file.

3. What's the betting that some blinkered non-thinking developer has made this work just for the 46specials file only and not for any other files specified in the 46settings file?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

so
As the 46xxsettings.txt is dynamically generated by the IP Office depending on:-
1. What interface the request has been received on.
2. Dose the client match the SBC internal address.
3. The clients user agent string.

Unless there is a magic no user string, this is going to be useless? how can we implement this?
From memory I have a slim recollection that if workplace references any other files it would break older clients.

I haven't tried it yet, having only learnt about it this morning - but I'll be kind and assume that having asked for the 46xxsettings file from address X, the engineers use the same address for the 46xxspecials.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Hi,
What I understand is that when there is a 46xxspecials.txt file in the primary folder then the 46xxsettings.txt will automatically have the GET 46xxspecials.txt line at the end of the file.

I see that this is happening on my system but my Workplace 2.24 is not taking the special settings into account.
Anyone an idea what is wrong with my file?
note: I've just downgraded the IP500 from R11.1FP2 to R11.0FP4SP7 to do some other tests, so might be the IPO version that is causing it.

## IPOFFICE/11.0.4.7.0 build 6 Changes for Workplace
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 1603 GOTO 16XXSPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 1608 GOTO 16XXSPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 1616 GOTO 16XXSPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 9620 GOTO 96XXSPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 9630 GOTO 96XXSPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 9640 GOTO 96XXSPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 9650 GOTO 96XXSPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 9608 GOTO 96X1SPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 9611 GOTO 96X1SPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 9621 GOTO 96X1SPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ 9641 GOTO 96X1SPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ J129 GOTO J1X9SPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ J139 GOTO J1X9SPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ J169 GOTO J1X9SPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ J179 GOTO J1X9SPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ J159 GOTO J1X9SPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ J189 GOTO J1X9SPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ K165 GOTO K1XXSPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ K175 GOTO K1XXSPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ aca GOTO EQNXSPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ aci GOTO EQNXSPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ acm GOTO EQNXSPECIALS
IF $MODEL4 SEQ acw GOTO EQNXSPECIALS
GOTO GENERALSPECIALS
# 16XXSPECIALS
GOTO GENERALSPECIALS
# 96XXSPECIALS
GOTO GENERALSPECIALS
# 96X1SPECIALS
GOTO GENERALSPECIALS
# J1X9SPECIALS
IF $SIG_IN_USE SEQ H323 GOTO J1X9H323SPECIALS
GOTO GENERALSPECIALS
# J1X9H323SPECIALS
GOTO GENERALSPECIALS
# K1XXSPECIALS
GOTO GENERALSPECIALS
# EQNXSPECIALS
SET SIPSSO 2
SET SSOENABLED 1
SET ENABLE_TOP_OF_MIND 1
SET ENABLE_EQUINOX_MEETING_ACCOUNT_DISCOVERY 0
SET ENABLE SPACES DASHBOARD 0
SET ENABLE_GOTO_MEETING_PORTAL 0
SET SHOW_EQUINOX_MEETING_PANEL_IN_TOM 0
SET ENHDIALSTAT 0
SET ENABLE_VIDEO 0
SET SETTINGS_CHECK_INTERVAL 1
SET ENABLE_BROWSER_EXTENSION 1
SET WINDOWS_IMPROVIDER 0
SET ENABLE_OUTLOOK_ADDON 1
SET OUTLOOK_CALL_CONTACT 1
SET ENABLE_LOCAL_CONTACT 1
SET IPO_CONFERENCE_CONTROLS_ENABLED 1
SET CALL_DECLINE_POLICY 2
SET IPO_ADHOC_CONFERENCE_NAME "Conf fa"
SET IPO_OTHER_PHONE_MODE_ENABLED 1
SET IPO_CALL_RECORDING_ENABLED 1
SET IPO_SHARE_CONTROLLED_SOFTPHONE_ENABLED 1
SET LOCKED_PREFERENCES "CONFERENCE_FACTORY_URI,ENABLE_AVAYA_CLOUD_ACCOUNTS,ENABLE_BROWSER_EXTENSION,ENABLE_VIDEO,WINDOWS_IMPROVIDER,ENHDIALSTAT,PHNOL,PHNCC,DIALPLANAREACODE,PHNPBXMAINPREFIX,PHNLD,PHNIC,PHNCC,PHNDPLENGTH,DIALPLANEXTENSIONLENGTHLIST,DIALPLANNATIONALPHONENUMLENGTHLIST,AUTOAPPLY_ARS_TO_SHORTNUMBERS,APPLY_DIALINGRULES_TO_PLUS_NUMBERS,SIP_CONTROLLER_LIST,SIPPROXYSRVR,SIPPORT,SIPSECURE,SIPENABLED,SIPDOMAIN,SIPUSERNAME,ENABLE_OUTLOOK_ADDON,OUTLOOK_CALL_CONTACT,EWSENABLED,EWSSERVERADDRESS,EWSDOMAIN"
SET OBSCURE_PREFERENCES "ESMENABLED,ESMSRVR,ESMPORT,ESMREFRESH,ESMUSERNAME,ESMPASSWORD,ACSENABLED,ACSSRVR,ACSPORT,ACSUSERNAME,ACSPASSWORD,DIRENABLED,DIRSRVR,DIRSRVRPRT,DIRTOPDN,DIRSECURE,DIRUSERNAME,DIRPASSWORD,WINDOWS_IMPROVIDER,AUTO_AWAY_TIME,PSTN_VM_NUM"
GOTO GENERALSPECIALS
# GENERALSPECIALS
# GROUP_SETTINGS
IF $GROUP SEQ 1 GOTO GROUP_1
IF $GROUP SEQ 2 GOTO GROUP_2
IF $GROUP SEQ 3 GOTO GROUP_3
IF $GROUP SEQ 4 GOTO GROUP_4
IF $GROUP SEQ 5 GOTO GROUP_5
GOTO END
# GROUP_1
GOTO END
# GROUP_2
GOTO END
# GROUP_3
GOTO END
# GROUP_4
GOTO END
# GROUP_5
GOTO END
# END

If the system sees a 46xxspecials.txt then it should auto create a line at the send saying to get the file. I see your file is missing that but it doesn't look like it is autogenerated which is the whole point. If you have a custom 46xxsettings.txt (which you should absolutely NOT have) that would cause this issue.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Thanks for the feedback.
The file I posted before is the specials file itself with edited parameters for Workplace.

I do see the get 46xxspecials.txt in the 46xxsettings.txt.

If you see the autocreated file point to 46xxspecials.txt sounds like that is correct then. Do you see if the 46xxspecials.txt is served by the system to the app?

Its a new feature so most likely its borked... total guess... but a logical guess considering how bad Avaya has been releasing anything recently.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Got an important information...

Support by IP Office is supposed to be available from 11.2.

In the past IX Workplace had issues if a "GET ..." line was present. So the IPO developers decided to remove the GET 46xxspecials.txt line at the end if IX Workplace requests the 46xxsettings.txt

I did a test by faking the user agent in Firefox to "Avaya Communicator...". Using that the "GET 46xxspecials.txt" line is missing.

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back