Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Workplace Certificates

Status
Not open for further replies.

homemade88

Technical User
Mar 18, 2013
BS
Hi all,

I'm tasked to setup a demo that includes working softphones via Workplace, my knowledge of certificates doesn't run too deep unfortunately though, My question is, am I able to get about three Workplace softphones between Apple and Android devices working without having to pay for certificates? If it IS possible, can someone explain how to go about it please? It's a demo Server Edition that I'm using with a virtual IPO.

Not sure of the exact URL requirements but I've always just created a distinct URL for my pbx and my app server, with my domain. E.g. customerName-pbx.procom.ie, customerName-app.procom.ie. I setup my certs on the cheapest option there works a treat. It's always better to get proper certs at that price and test on a proper environment. If you try avoid this bit you will hit many issues that will end up costing more than the cert. My twopence worth:)

I've done this with Letsencrypt certificates (using a Linux machine to generate them). They only last for 3 months at a time but they are free.

For production I generate certificates using my own CA and install the root CA as part of the auto provisioning process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back