Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya workplace and goto cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justsomeguy1115

Technical User
Apr 24, 2023
US
Back in the day, there was the option of a goto cover button that allowed someone to transfer directly to a users voicemail. That button doesn't seem to be available for SIP endpoints, to include for Workplace. Is there any other way to get this feature?

Right now I've got a speed dial that an end user can use, but then they have to enter the extension, merge the calls, and hang up. It's entirely too many clicks.

This is version ten with an Avaya messaging voicemail system.

You would need to use an autodial button. You would need to enter voicemail pilot number, a pause ~p , * (to access another mailbox), the mailbox number you want to leave a message for, and # so you can leave a message.

Example 9365986131~p*9365986132#

@avayaguy23, that doesn't seem to work either. I can't seem to put a pause in a dialstring in something on the button module, and I can't blind transfer to a contact button. Maybe I'm missing something in AADS?

The only way I've been able to make this work with a button is to make a vdn and vector that sends it to messaging for a specific user, and then add that as a team button. Which does work, but it's not even remotely scalable.

I’m confused. Are you trying to use a contact card in avaya workplace or an autodial button? You also mentioned an expansion module. Have you tried adding the autodial as the 4th button after the line appearances? I have no issues when I use the autodial button with workplace to voicemail so assuming it’s something with your configuration.

Either way. If I create a contact, it won't let me put in a pause (at least with the ~p). If I put an autodial on a contact button in the workplace button module, I can't transfer a call directly to that, and again it won't let me add the pause regardless. And you can't do an abr-dial or a goto-cover on a SIP endpoint.

When you create those autodials, are you creating a local contact? An enterprise contact? Something else?

This is all for people who are just using the workplace soft client, without a physical set, moving them from a skype for business installation where when they would transfer to someone, they would have an option to send them directly to another users voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back