Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya version 7 upgrade/addition strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

twlvoltmn

Systems Engineer
Mar 21, 2018
US
Hello,

I'm hoping someone who has already done something similar to my current project can provide some suggestions as to the best way to attack this...

Here's the existing setup, and a brief "scope" of the overall project:

Existing CM6.3 at the core, with (3) remote sites (including one ESS, and (2) LSPs, all currently CM6.3 as well). We're adding an additional site (G450 and another LSP) which is currently an old CM2 (standalone) to the enterprise, then as the final "phase" upgrading the entire enterprise to version 7. There is already an existing System Manager 7.1 at the core as well...

As part of this order, I only have (1) new S8300E Server. My idea was to configure this server with version 7 AVP, Utility Services, and CM (using SDM client on my local machine, using IP addresses one one of the existing sites' subnet that the customer provided),then I would ship that S8300E to that existing remote site, have the local IT person there shut down and pull the existing S8300E, install this new one, see it register (so as to maintain that site's survivability), and then ship the old S8300E to me. The next step would be to wipe and configure that S8300E with version 7 AVP, Utility Services and CM using IP addresses on the new (add-on) site's subnet that the customer provides, and then proceed to add that site to the enterprise. The final step (or phase, once the new site is added to the enterprise) will be to upgrade the remaining sites (ESS and LSP) and the core to version 7...

Currently, I have this S8300E Server that I'm trying to stage for my customer's remote site (an existing G450, and S8300E LSP running CM6.3) in another state. The idea is to load up AVP, UtilSrvr, and CM7.1 on this server and then ship it the site, where I would have the local IT person there shutdown the existing S8300E (currently CM6.3) and install this new S8300E that's pre-configured, and it will (hopefully) register to the core CM, that's here where I am...

I'm just looking for some suggestions or ideas from someone who may have experience with this scope (or something similar) to hopefully eliminate a lot of "trial and error" here...

Thanks in advance for any input!

As of System Manager 7.1.2 you can upgrade LSP's remotely. Just for food for thought if you have extra hardware on hand to play around on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back