Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Vantage Phone Button Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbb1234

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2021
US
So I run an office with the newest ip office and j1xx and 96xx series phones. I am thinking of swapping to the Vantage line of phones. I bought a K155 to start experimenting but hit an immediate hurdle. The button layout does not work "user>buttton programming" from Avaya IP office manager. It appears this does not carry over to the new vantage phone/screen line automatically? I need these buttons for to many reason to mention. But most importantly parking, seeing a line on park, and paging to start. Do these really not work or am I missing something? I mean buttons have been a fundamental part of the ecosystem for so long.

From what I have seen of release 2 the telephony function is very basic with very few features of the other IP Phones.
There is a release 3 but I'm not sure if that has improved.

The buttons are arranged in rows, rather than column. Buttons set functions not supported on Vantage are not shown (so all the others shuffle up one position). So it does follow the button programming order set in Manager, but following it using a different set of rules.

Yes, you can wail at the developers for not just simply emulating normal phone operation, but it is what it is and unlikely to change.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Yea this is terrible design. This is version 2 like someone else mentioned and thinking this makes it even worse. I enable the module and now I have a set of options in the menu now that I did not have before but still no real button latout. My main requirement is seing and selecting calls that are on park but seems like this KEY FUNCTION is missing? Crazy

@dbb1234
Not that crazy considering these were built for hospitality purposes, not offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back