Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Vantage K165 in IP office : extension or password incorrect 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

genesis23

Vendor
Jan 25, 2016
LK
Hi guys,

Im trying to deploy Avaya Vantage K165 phone with IP office. I have successfully pushed SIP configurations and dialer application is up with the SIP server details.
When I try to enter the user name and password I keep getting error (stating that user name or password is incorrect). When I enter the same user name and password in a Avaya J139 phone I'm able to login.

Kindly advise if anyone has come across this issue before?

Check sysmonitor with sip filters enabled in order to investigate what is happening.

Also check that all passwords for the extn/user are set the same. The Vantage may use the user password for applications and not the SIP extension password. I typically set both of those and the user login password under telephony/supervisor to the same thing so I don't need to worry about which is being used.

- Qz

What version and type of IP Office?

What version of K165? (there have been 3 different physical models with the same name (well done Avaya)).

When you say user name do you mean extension number or user name?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

The K165 can use different SIP voip clients for voice calls, one is the Avaya workplace, in this case you must use the user password for the Avaya Application, the same you use for the Workplace/one-xportal/receptionist login.

...indeed, I forgot to add that - Which Avaya dialer application are you running on the K165?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Generally as a rule, phones (JSeriese, 9600Series) use extension and Numeric PIN.
Applications (Vantage Connect, Workplace ) use Extension and Password and in some cases Name and Password ( One-X Portal, WebRTC, )

The Vantage Devices all use Applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back