Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya to Skype calling via SIP address (email address based calling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bankingguy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2017
SG
Hi Team,

I have an Aura 8.1.3 stack (Avaya SIP extensions) integrated with Skype 2015. Picked up a challenging question from the our business group, the question is if we can try to call Skype users using email based calling.

My current integration is i can call my Skype using Extension Number. Both my Avaya and Skype are integrated with the same Active Directory. If i will try to search the user on my IX Workplace using email address, its looking for AD information, so any number thats map into the "Telephone Number" attribute, it will be dialed.

What do you mean by "eamil based calling" Do you mean hovering over a users profile picture/name and the contact card shows there phone number and you click to call? Or do you mean a phone number in a footer of an email where it shows "tel:"

Maybe you mean both. Are you on M/O 365 in the cloud or using on exchange on prem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back