Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya to Callpilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsbogan

Programmer
Mar 8, 2005
GB
I have a Avaya system connecting via Tie lines (Qsig) to a Meridian Rl3 with Callpilot located when you call from the Avaya side and are put through to Voice mail it cannot detect internal from external calls so you get the external message for all calls.

Can anyone help me to change this so i can use internal and external messages?

mark the tie route external.. may be two prompts, i can't remember the second.. compare it to an external route..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John
There is a setting on the route for EXT or INT have tried this on change?

To the Nortel PBX, the Avaya is an "external" system. You are not getting the same type of information across the D-Channel as if were a Nortel PBX.

lretrievers
I can see the digits on the DCH coming across i know that to the Meridian it is an EXT call no matter what, but was thinking someone must have had same issue.

Looking at the books there is something about NPID and package 224 can anyone tell me if this could be the right fix??

i had the problem with my cisco qsig, that responded to the ext prompt in the rdb.. but i did read here that now, there is a newer prompt in the cdb.. but with that change the ccm that is local to the switchroom comes in as a internal call.. the ccm that is behind the avaya comes in as an external call on it's qsig

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back