Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya to Asterisk b-channels OOS-FE/PINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneK

Programmer
Aug 18, 2006
I am connecting an Avaya G3si v7 to FreePbx server. I have the d-channel in service but the b-channels are showing oos-fe/pins which indicates an asterisk side issue. I have changed the DS1 protocol from a to b and the only difference is with the b, i get oos-FE/idle response on the b-channels. What am I missing? Let me know if you need me to send configs. I have an identical setup at another location and all is working fine. My knowledge with Asterisk, however, is somewhat limited. Is there a way I can find out why the b-channels are showing OOS on the Asterisk side?

You are sure that your T-1 cross over cable is made correctly?

the cross-over cable that is used at other location (and working fine) swaps pin1(w/o) with pin5(w/b) and pin2(o/w) with pin4(b/w). I went online and crossover cable for voice T1 actually shows swapping 1 with 4 and 2 with 5. I tried that, and my d-channel would not come up with that config. The d-channel shows in service when i used the original crossover cable. I guess my question is, if it is incorrect cabling, how can the d-channel show in service?

1 <=> 4
2 <=> 5

This should be a cross over cable for T-1.

For a simple test, configure that Definity and the Asterisk for a basic wink/wink T-1.

Once this is working, then you know you have the plumbing correct.

Worked on a similar situation using a Sangoma card. After an afternoon of multiple configurations, finally just used a T-1 interface instead of PRI. Sangoma could never resolve the issue. Are the Asterisk DS1 boards the same?

Additionally, verify the DS1 protocol (a,b,c) is the same on both of your working Definity configuration and the new one. If you make a change, busy and release the board to make sure the change is working.

Just to let you know that I have this up and running. All the config blogs to set up communication link between Avaya and Asterisk states to use a TN464 DS1 card on the Avaya side. I decided to try my luck and put in a TN767 DS1 card. As soon as I reconfigured for that card, all the B-channels came up in service and idle. I was able to make calls between the 2 systems.
Go figure.
Thanks to all who replied back to this post. I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back