Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya TAPI VPN disconnection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

insight85

Technical User
Nov 28, 2012
AU
Hi

I'm not very technical, so please be patient with me.

I have an Avaya IP500 & running Windows Server 2008 and TAPI with a Noetica call management software tool called Synthesys.

We have set up remote agents to answer calls. All set up ok and operational, however, the remote agents calls disconnect after exactly 31 seconds. If we "force" answer the call, there is no disconnection. We have tried to get answers from Avaya, but no joy. We have disabled firewalls, still no joy. Also, we don't seem to encounter the problem on systems running Vista, but we do on Windows 7?

Could it be a TAPI setting? Seems odd that the calls only disconnect when we allow them to "drop in" but do not disconnect if we "force" answer (or steal the call from a queue).

Any ideas will be gratefully received.

Thank you.

This is the forum for Windows XP pro. You may have more luck in a forum about telephony like forum461.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back