Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya/Spectralink IP phone power drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffjones58

Technical User
Apr 15, 2004
US
I have an issue with a recent problem with short battery life on Avaya 3620 IP phones running off Spectralink Netlink Telephony gateway. Starting last week all phones on the system will drain thier batteries within 2 to 3 hours regardless of use. I am unaware of any setting that would cause the phones to attempt to make constant contact with the AP so I am looking at the Access Points. Is thier any setting in a Nortel 2200 series AP that would control a Polling Rate? If this is happening it would cause the phones to have to answer constantly and therby run the batteries down quickly. Any suggestions?

Id say it was more likely a problem with that batch of phone having poor batteries. Do you know anyone with a similar type of hansdset deployment that you couls do a trade with to test this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back