Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Site Administration Configuration Export 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratster

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2003
US
Hello,

I am about to embark on replacing my desktop P.C with a new model. In the old days I use to manually key in all of my Avaya PBX sites with regard to their login configuration, etc when I replaced my computer.

I have heard that there is a way to export all of the configuration from ASA so that I can import it to my new machine. Does anyone know the file name and the procedure for doing so?

I have approximately 10 locations and I don't want to key them in manually.

I am currently using ASA R1.12.02

Thanks

I believe 'persist.dat' is the file you are looking for.

I am hoping to map our configuration.

Does anyone know where I can get free visio stencils, particulary of MCC cabinets with a front open view so that I can label each of the slots?

Cheers

Here's the stencils...

The last time I tried, moving persist.dat didn't work. There is quite of bit of info in the registry as well. The key is to make sure when you enter the systems you do it in a "shared" file, preferable on different server somewhere. Then, if you ever have to reload, you just repoint the app to the shared file and your done! (I've not done that since day one and it wasn't until just last month that I used the shared file and could have kicked myself for not doing it sooner...especially since I knew it was there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back