Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Server Estate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgsmith80

MIS
May 3, 2007
GB

Hello All,

Firstly I apologise if this post is in the wrong section, but I wasn't where would be best.

I have a customer who has a fairly large Avaya ACM estate running Avaya Aura 6.2 duplex core situated in a hosted datacenre, with the majority of the sites running local gateways some with LSP some without.

The question I have is we are getting more and more requests for server requirements to host things like One-X, Call Monitoring, Call Reporting, CMS Superviser (ACD Reporting) etc.

The data centre hosting is shared with a Cisco UC estate (same customer different business units). and they have a CM environement running most of that estate, and to conserve rack space I want to try and implement some virtual servers and wondered where to start? I'm not much of a server guy I've got a basic understanding from working in Desktop support but I need some pointing in the right direction.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps I have 2 x DELL R210-II servers that we purchased to use as SBC's but are now not needed as we used the Cisco CUBE to connect to the SIP Trunk.

Kind regards
Dave

Dave-

check the support.avaya.com site

avaya does support VMWare for most applications, and they have requirements documents that cover the sizing of each VM for each application.

As a note - the two dell servers you list are very slim in terms of memory and processor etc, so highly unlikely you could use these as a basis for any VMWare instances.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back