Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya SBCE with Avaya CM 8.1 Sesion and System Mgr OB CLID on forwarded calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

hebegb41

Technical User
Aug 28, 2008
US
I have redundant ASBCE's on an 8.1 Avaya infrastructure and I have a Verizon SIP trunk attached. Verizon is seeing an incorrect CLID going out to them from my site on random OB calls, mostly when a phone is forwarded to a cell phone but the originating caller is blocking their CLID. When I trace the calls I see "anonymous" in the SIP trace on the outbound leg of the forwarding. Verizon is telling me that that makes the SBC then insert the incorrect (in this case) CLID. So the call scenario is this:
Caller with blocked CLID calls to my desk phone.
My desk is forwarded out to my cell
I get the call on my cell but the CLID is wrong, I don't see either the callers ID (it's blocked anyway) OR my desk phones CLID, but rather I see this random number.
Verizon is telling me that the SBC is inserting it as a "diversion number" on the OB leg of this call.
I did not think an SBC could digit mod or insert digits on outbound calls.
Please advise if you have any thoughts....
Thx in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back