Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya S8710 Login Permissions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatlesfan1

Programmer
Mar 25, 2009
US
I am trying to create a guest login for a vendor and want to only give them display rights.
Through the web browser I was able to create the login, set it up as login group user and additional group of prof19.

Yet when I log in through ASA, this login still allows to change stations etc.
It does not allow me through ASA to change permissions.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

I'm assuming you are on a version of CM that has moved the permisions into the OS.

If they are in user profile 19, have you modified 19? "change user-profile 19"... I think that's the command at least

CM Software version?

Blindly adding a login with prof18 is giving a login the most access to CM as well as web browser
unlimited access to server configuration and many other things that can shutdown your system.

It would be safer for a guest to duplicate 19 to 29, give them 29 and change the profiles to only allow what you
want the login in prof29 to have access to. Not adding a WebProfile 19 will keep that login from web browser server access.

Changes to user-profiles are only allowed for user-profiles 20 - 69
To see what user-profile 19 allows, you could duplicate user-profile 19 to another user-profile number 20 - 69
After making a copy of user-profile 19 using this command, you can then change the new user-profile number.
Associating a login with a user-profile requires that the login logs out and back in to acquire changed attributes.
Remember, there is a WebProfile associated with each user-profile which allows or disallows access to web links.
A login with user-profile 18 is automatically associated with WebProfile 18. If you add a user-profile 20 - 69, if you want
a login to be able to access server(s) via a web browser, you need to add a WebProfile with the matching number for the user-profile, or when attempting to login with a web browser, the login will be denied. In the early CM software versions, the WebProfiles also need to be synchronized to the standby, ESS, and LSP servers.

Always do administration for user-profile(s), WebProfile(s), and login(s) from the currently active main server. After changes, a save translation all is required to sync login data to the standby, ESS, and LSP servers.

Command: duplicate user-profile 18 to make user-profile 28
Command: change user-profile 28 change page 26 to mst G rm

Command: export user-profiles

Export to /var/home/ftp/pub/cmprofiles.txt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This builds a file in linux that you can vi or look at and
compare all user-profiles to 18 and each other

You can change the name of the file to cmprofiles.csv or cmprofiles.xls to use
a spreadsheet to compare attributes side by side.

User-profiles have over 600 attributes that can be toggled

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Thank you all for your responses.
As BSH suggested, I made a copy of Prof18 and then tweaked that as needed.
This was all new to me, appreciate everyone's responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back